We collect information from the people that visit our website and registration app.
RapidAscent’s website and its integrated application process may ask you to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and other information to help with your experience and your application to the academy.
you visit our website or contribute to our blogs, surveys and other social media.
you apply through our online application process.
We collect information via form fill processes you provide.
Information is collected via forms on our website and from uploaded documents such as resume and VMET applications during the registration process.
2. Collection of personal information.
2.1 Student Applicants
When registering on our site and when applying for the academy, where appropriate, we may ask you to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details that help with your experience on the website and application process and to help us manage the services we provide. This also includes information that we may collect when you visit.
For the application process, this includes:
Type of user
For the website, this includes:
Web pages visited before you came to the website
Date and time stamps with transactions
System configuration information
Other information that helps with the browsing experience
This includes log data such as the device’s IP address, browser type, the web page visited before you came to our website, date and time stamps associated with transactions, system configuration information and other interactions with the Website.
Where indicated, users have the option whether to provide the Personal Information.
If you contact us via the Website, we will collect any information that you provide to us, for example your name and contact details of an inquiry in order to respond to the inquiry.
3. Purpose for collecting your personal information.
3.1 End Users
Our primary purpose for using your Personal Information is to Provide the Services, including:
To allow us to improved services to you when responding to your requests and if you join the academy as a student, to provide our services to you.
To administer events including promotions, surveys or other site features.
To efficiently and accurately process your transactions.
To provide correspondence (via live chat, email or phone)
Allow you to access and use the RapidAscent Services
Provide you with assistance (including technical assistance) in relation to your use of the Services
Ensure compliance with the terms of our agreement.
We may also use your Personal Information for other purposes if we have a legal basis for doing so, including:
Ensuring compliance with our own obligations under applicable law and regulations.
Complying with court orders and other lawful access processes.
Using your Personal Information to help us to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
We use Personal Information of users in order to let you know about, and invite you to participate in, our products and service offerings. We need your consent for some aspects of these activities which are not covered by our legitimate interests (in particular, the delivery of direct marketing to you through digital channels) and, depending on the situation, we will ask for this via an opt-in in accordance with applicable laws. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time.
4. Disclosure of personal information. Where appropriate and in accordance with applicable laws and, we may share your Personal Information in the following ways:
Organizations who procure/administer the Services: When end users use the Services on behalf of organizations who are providing services and administering the RapidAscent account, purchasing, and application process, Personal Information of end users is made available to the organization that holds the RapidAscent license.
5. Safeguarding personal information. We are committed to taking all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Information that we hold from misuse, loss, destruction or unauthorized access. We do this by having in place a range of appropriate technical and organizational measures.
This includes regular penetration testing and vulnerability scanning of the website, and includes continuous patch updating and security monitoring.
6. How long do we keep your personal information for? We will not keep your Personal Information for longer than we are permitted to do so under our agreement or as is necessary for the purposes for which we have collected it unless we believe that the law or other regulation requires us to preserve it or if we require it to enforce our agreements.
When we are no longer permitted under our agreement with your organization or it is otherwise no longer necessary to retain your Personal Information, we will delete the Personal Information that we hold about you from our systems. While we will endeavor to permanently erase your Personal Information once it reaches the end of its retention period, some of your Personal Information may still exist within our systems, for example if it is waiting to be overwritten.
7. How can you access or correct personal information that we hold about you? You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information, although in certain limited circumstances, and as permitted under law, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you, such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
8. Cookies. When you visit our Website or application process, we may collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. You have the option of opting in or opting out of cookies collection. Additionally, as you browse the Website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Website, and information about how you interact with the Website. We refer to this as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Website.
The Website uses “cookies” to collect information and improve our products and services. A cookie is a small data file that is stored on your device. Cookies cannot be used to see any other data on your computer, nor can they determine your email address or identity.
We may use “persistent cookies” to save your registration ID and login password for future logins to our service. We may use “session cookies” to enable certain features of our service, to better understand how you interact with our service and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on our service. We also use session cookies to verify your age, keep track of items you have viewed and store such items in your cart while you are browsing.
We may use third-party ad companies (Google and Facebook) to help provide some of our advertising services. These third parties may place cookies on your computer and collect data about your online activities across websites or online services when you are logged into the third-party service, including for targeted advertising. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
For more information on your choices regarding third-party analytics and marketing tools, please visit the links below:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
9. Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). RapidAscent generally processes Personal Information in order to fulfill contracts we have with our customers and end users and to pursue our legitimate business interests. Otherwise, RapidAscent will obtain consent from an individual in respect of processing of Personal Information if required by law to do so.
Further, individuals located in the EEA have certain rights under European law (including under the General Data Protection Regulation) with respect to Personal Information, including the right to request access to, obtain, correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal data. Individuals located in the EEA who wish to exercise these rights, should contact RapidAscent using the contact information below in Section 13 to exercise these rights. However, where RapidAscent is a data processor of personal data on behalf of our customer (the data controller), the request may be forwarded to the applicable data controller.
Individuals also have the right to make complaints to regulatory authorities in respect of our privacy practices.
10. Residents of California Privacy Rights. Subject to certain limitations, the California Consumer Privacy Act provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of Personal Information we collect (including how we use and disclose this Personal Information), to delete their Personal Information, to opt out of any “sales” of Personal Information that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. RapidAscent does not sell (as that term is defined in the CCPA) the Personal Information we collect.
California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at the contact information listed below.
12. Children’s Privacy. Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
Attention: Privacy Officer
910 Charles St
Fredericksburg, VA 22401